Do you panic at the words cedar and fever? Do you watch the 10 o’clock news waiting for the weather report and today’s pollen count? In Austin, allergy season is legit, so your friends at SEED have rounded up our list of favorite natural allergy remedies. Because with all that’s happening in Austin, who has time to deal with a little sniffle here and there?
Here are five quick and easy remedies that will have you ready for (or whatever other festival is right around the corner) in no time.
1. It’s kind of one of our favorite things ever. It’s one of those not-so-secret- secrets (like Torchy’s secret menu) that we can’t help but share with everyone we know: Apple Cider Vinegar. We won’t get into all of its benefits here, but for allergy purposes, it can help reduce your mucous production and cleanse your lymphatic system. Our favorite way to enjoy it is by adding a tablespoon to a cup of hot water along with a squeeze of lemon.
2. Speaking of honey, it’s been proven that adding a teaspoon of local honey to your daily diet can help reduce your allergy symptoms over time. The science behind it is pretty cool, actually—if you consume honey from the local bees that are gathering from the grasses and pollen around you (which are presumably making you sick) you build up a defense. So next time you’re at the Central Market—or the —look for local honey to add to your daily diet.
3. This one may sound scary, but trust us—stinging nettle. Our favorite way to consume this natural antihistamine is by steeping it with peppermint leaves and a bit of honey—three’s that honey again!—for a delicious, homemade herbal tea.
4. A natural remedy that sounds tailor-made for Texans is spicy food. Similar to the benefits you would get from nasal irrigation (you know, the Neti Pot thing), eating spicy foods can induce a runny nose and get rid of all that tainted air that’s giving you the sneezes.
5. A good old-fashioned juice cleanse has also been rumored to fight against seasonal allergies. We like the options available from Austin’s own .
After you’ve gotten yourself cleansed and clear-headed, it may be time to look for a new place to settle into your sniffle-free routine. Real estate selling season is ramping up, so get in the game before it’s too late. Reach out to us at SEED to let us know exactly what you’re looking for and where. We are your local Austin experts who know a thing or two about navigating the real estate landscape of our Capitol City.